Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
That listing doesn't give the last important spec..."backspacing".....also known as "offset"..since the rice burners started putting custom wheels on their front wheel drives..

·
Registered
212 Posts
It should fit nicely, I run the same size wheel and have been able to squeeze a M/T 275/50/15 drag radial and a 26x11.5x15 in it. I did trim or roll the fender lip and opened up the inner wheel well, but a slightly smaller tire would fit without mods. The 275/60/15 is not as wide and fits with lots of room. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used a weld 15x8 draglite with 4.5 backspace, with 255/60's. Everything that I read said that it would not rub, but it did slightly. I rolled the lip and now its fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone . I am new today !
This is my first day on here and this is my first post. SO please be nice if i ask or say somethnig retarted lol
I have a 64 FL Sedan and all these tire sizes are for what car ? i dont see anything on what car it fits . the last post has 66 hmm so are we just talking about 66 ?
What will fit a 64 FL Sedan and NOT Tubbed and what will fit with a mini tub ? will 15x8 with 3 1/2 back space ?

Need help to please ,where do i put a post on a rear BENCH needed for a 64 FL 2 door Sedan ?

ty:RB

·
Registered
15 Posts
i used 14x6 torque thrust d's with 215/70R14 tires on my '63 Fairlane. one of the rears rubs a little once in a while on hard turns but no problems with the fronts. original wheels were 14x5

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I used a weld 15x8 draglite with 4.5 backspace, with 255/60's. Everything that I read said that it would not rub, but it did slightly. I rolled the lip and now its fine.
Click my name andlook at white 66 fairlane. Magnum 500s with 4.5 back space , same tire as coldgin has stated. I used a bottle jack pushing a 12 inch 2by4 wrapped in a towel to slightly push back fenders out just alittle. Typing with one hand, new lap top with no pics do I would post the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
wow TY for all the info and help with my car that i asked .
why cant anyone reply or help in these places .
what no one can see my post ? how hard is it

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Someone did reply to you about you tire questions, is 3-4 posts from this one.

There is a parts wanted section listed down in the classified area.

And welcome to the forum...

Btw Posting a related question into an existing thread can sometimes get "lost" in the mix. Usually better to start a new thread even if its a related question.. As this thread started with a question about a 66 Fairlane, and yours is an earlier model, with completely different architecture.....

Welcome Again....

·
Registered
576 Posts
You might start a new post concerneing YOUR car...its quite a bit different from a 66.
Maybe do a search, I think its been discussed on here before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts