Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of weld pro stars to mount some slicks on and found out I'm going to have to run longer wheel studs,3inch I've been told.Are my 68GT rims with centre caps still going to fit or are the studs going to hit the centre caps?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
well, what do you think? Get you a ruler and go measure the stock stud and then see how much shorter they are.....then do some math

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thanks for the help.I thought maybe someone had done this before.Anyway I went out and pulled off a wheel and measured everything and it became obvious as soon as I pulled off the centre cap that there's probably only 2 inches of clearance.Anybody interested in a set of weld pro stars 15x8 with 41/2 back spacing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have long studs(Moroso)on my Fairlane for running slicks at the track. I also have some 68 GT wheels that I have used on the car with the center caps installed. The caps did fit, but it was a close fit. I now have Weld pro stars on the car. How much for the wheels? I need some for my slicks! E-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are Moroso 3" long x .615 hole size.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KenC. on 6/13/02 4:03pm ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts