Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when i bought my 68 galaxie i noticed that it had some wheel studs broken. i have tried different places and have had no luck finding them. Every where i go for ex: they only have some that are like 1.5in long and i need some that are like 3in long can anyone help me to see where i can get them im not even sure what size they are or any of that ....

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I know this may take a while but if you cannot find any then here is a sure fix. I will give you my address and if you send me one in mail , I will be going to speed shop in a week or so. I will take it with me and get ever how many you need and send them to you back in the mail.

Speed shop owner is 71 years of age now. He has a VERY large selection of near anything a man would want. I looked through the rack last week to get some for my fairlane and tons of any size or length , has to be your size in rack. There in upstairs is a old school drag racers dream shop with about anything. Even the old side pipes on most cars back in day. All brands of ol school rims. Everything up there is brand new still on racks and in boxes for 60, 70 era, I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Take alittle while but I can get ya some. Just pay for them is all I want.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this may take a while but if you cannot find any then here is a sure fix. I will give you my address and if you send me one in mail , I will be going to speed shop in a week or so. I will take it with me and get ever how many you need and send them to you back in the mail.

Speed shop owner is 71 years of age now. He has a VERY large selection of near anything a man would want. I looked through the rack last week to get some for my fairlane and tons of any size or length , has to be your size in rack. There in upstairs is a old school drag racers dream shop with about anything. Even the old side pipes on most cars back in day. All brands of ol school rims. Everything up there is brand new still on racks and in boxes for 60, 70 era, I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Take alittle while but I can get ya some. Just pay for them is all I want.
This sounds like a great idea ill see if anyone else post about where i can get them and if i cant well this would be awesome if you could do that for me

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well send me a email at [email protected] when you get one off if that is your wish and I will give you my phone number and call me. I give you my address . Take one off and send it to me. After I send ever how many ya like and you get them and they work and will if you send one. Then you can pay me after they work. The price will only be whatever they cost if shipping is not much, probably cheap.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
In rack there is tons of many that are close when ones I was looking for but no cigar. Best way is have one to match up with I say. There is hundreds of dif kinds that is close . I run a legal nhra car and I got dif sizes here . I maynot have to goto shop. will see

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
My problem was not size, that is easy. There are different size in the part of the studd that holds the stud in place so it will not turn in hub. You have to have not only right lug side or right or left hand but also the slots that hold stud in hub size as well. There are all kinds. Take one out, take a pic and post it close up here if you can

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Someone may know what exackly that is but I donot just looking unless you measure the groove wigth and size of nut that screws on , then I will get some. Or send it to me and You will know they will fit. whatever ya wish. Want to call me?

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Any shop can order them, or get them yourself - BUT you have to know front or rear (different), drum or disc (different), and if disc, stamped or cast rotor hub (different).

David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.