Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna put Centerline Warrior wheels on my 69 Mach1 but i don't know what size rear to get. 15x8? will 15x10 fit? I want to run either 275/50's or 295/50's on the rear. Will these even fit? Oh and the rear of my car is raised 1 1/2" in the rear.
Also I want to skinnys in the front-what size and backspacing do i need?
Thanks a lot for your guys input.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I know 15x8 with a 4 1/2 b.s. will fit with a 275/60/15 thats what I have on my 68 and 69's have a little more clearance.A 275/50/15 has a little more width.If you look in the wheel and tire section of Jegs catalog it tells you the section and tread width of most of their tires.I would do some measuring with a straight edge against the drum or disc.
One of the moderators told me he once had 15x10 on the back of his 67 but I'm not sure on the backspacing It might have been 5 1/2 or 6".
Another thing, dont put alot of faith in the charts in the magazines or the tirerack because they always err on the small side.with some careful measuring and maybe some rolling of the wheel lips you can always fit bigger wheels and tires.One more thing,pay attention to the section width of the tires this is a more accurate measurement of the width.
Hope this helps.
BOB

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks that does help, do you think that a 15x8 would work with 5" of backspacing? with those tires? thanks again for the reply

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think with a 15x8 you would be better off with the 4 1/2 bs you dont want the wheel and tire to look funny if they are in too far.with the 10" rim it would work better and you will need the extra bs to clear the panel lip and it will be needed to get it closer to the leaf spring for clerance.Not sure if i explained this good but tried.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys-so what you are telling me is that i can fit either a 15x8 with 4.5in of backspacing, OR I could fit a 15x10 with 5.5in of backspacing? And i could fit either 275's or 295's under my car? Thanks a lot-i just want to get this straight so i don't waste money on stuff that looks stupid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts