Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to replace all of my window glass and the frame that mounts to the glass. I have found where I can get all the glass, but haven't found a place where I can buy the frame that mounts to the glass. Roger

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey yall, Try Kelloggs "Len Kellogg" <[email protected]>; He's in Loveland, Colorado. He has an extensive selection. He will return your message and send pics. [email protected]. If anyone has it, it will be him. As a side bar........I'm looking for a header back exhaust system for my 64 hardtop. Please reply with any ideas, info, recommendations etc... Thanks BamaBrown

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. It looks like it will be fall before I can buy any new parts. I'm still spending money on getting my air installed.I will be checking it out this fall for my winter project..So far this year my project has been ,Nitti 555R radials, drive shaft safty loop,Vintage Air,console,and a tune up from a friend who runs a shop near here.I will be happy to have it all done so I can go cruising.It's taken way to long to finish. Roger

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds like you've been busy. I'm about to upgrade the exhaust. I've patched it to death and the full length headers (type / brand) unknown have seen better days. Was gonna try and keep em and go with a header back kinda deal but changed my mind yesterday. Gonna try the Hedman shorty #88400 and prolly use flowmaster series 40. I'm hoping to hear from them tomorrow for advice on fitment. My old cherry bombs are gutted and the system now dumps in front of the axle. I don't have any neighbors to piss off but the noise inside the car is more than I can stand. Any feedback on a good set of headers will be appreciated.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I first bought my car it had flowmasters on it.They were so loud I couldn't take it.I loved the sound at idle, but when you put your foot into it it blew you out of the car. When you drove down the street at 2000 rpms or more the sound started to drone and it sounded like the pipe was in the car. I installed a set of SS Magnaflow mufflers. It sounds really nice at idle but ,put your foot in it and they sound off real nice.No droning at any speed. From what Iv'e read the Magna flows offer less back pressure than the flowmasters.On my set up I have a crossover pipe from the collectors and then a short pipe that runs toward the rear and then turns out a little and connects to the mufflers. Then a short pipe comes from the mufflers and turns out to dump out in front of the rear tires.Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts