Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I am fixing to goto penns state tomorrow afternoon. I am picking up a stroker 390 engine. The man has MANY motors. He has 2 302 engines at a very good deal, near unbeleivable price. I have bought engines from him before . He has had heart sergery and did need the money . Being I bought a few engines from him I can get a 302 complete , oil pan to intake, wires, roller rockers and new valve covers , ready to place in a car and just crank it for 1200 bucks. Thats best deal I know of but I know it is kinda fast . I will not be going that way for another month but could bring back a complete rebuilt 302 with me. If intrested pm me and I will give you my phone number and talk if you are serious. That motor is not a old but is for a say 89 model mustang.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty much. I live in Los Angeles. It sounds like a deal but not ready to buy just yet. I wonder what the shipping would be on something like that anyways

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Pretty much. I live in Los Angeles. It sounds like a deal but not ready to buy just yet. I wonder what the shipping would be on something like that anyways

Probably if he shipped it he advertises $ 160.00 to build a crate and around 2 or 3 hundred to ship from east coast to west. You cannot get it that cheap from him. I said I can only because I have bought before and will again. Motor is.... 1989 302 ford DRAG RACE engine. std bore + stroke shortblock built around XXX 89 ford 302 g.t. block .9.5 comp ratio forged pistons/motorsports s/s rod, .std. on the mains+on the rods. easy 340 h.p. built to drag race specs.542" hyd. roller cam /lifters/PRW adjustable roller rockers topped with efi intake.5qt oil system with hp/hv. I donot think that one has a water pump.That one is fuel injected. Another has a carb.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds mean. And a good deal but I think I might try more kindof stock. I had a 64 fairlane with a stock 289 and was great now I have a 65 ranchero that I want to get going and maybe beef up myself over a little time

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Where I live there are junk yards where you pick and pull yaself. Motors and trannys are fairly cheap. You donot have a yard where you can do that ? Some good deals if you catch the truck or car as soon as they place it in the yard. Otherwise people pick them fairly fast.

You can keep in touch . I will be going to Cal soon to run at Sanoma, how far are you from that track?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts