Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ve already searched through the I-Net but only found something for 289/302.

Does anybody know a adress/link/shop where i can get an intake manifold for the 351W using 4 Weber DCOE Carbs....looks like this...:

Maybe i will go for something crazy....;)

Regards
Mark (already using 2 DCOE Weber Carbs on a VW Golf MK1)....;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already done....

only 289/302 Style Manifolds there....:(

Other Ideas ?

:)

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Already done....

only 289/302 Style Manifolds there....:(

Other Ideas ?

:)
get the above 289/302 manifold .

go to Price Motorsports and get adapter plates for 302 intake on a 351W or a sheetmetal intake made

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I´ve already searched through the I-Net but only found something for 289/302.

Does anybody know a adress/link/shop where i can get an intake manifold for the 351W using 4 Weber DCOE Carbs....looks like this...:

Maybe i will go for something crazy....;)

Regards
Mark (already using 2 DCOE Weber Carbs on a VW Golf MK1)....;)

Purdy....

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
In my searching, I have found that only two barrel, four barrel, and dual quad manifolds are available for the 351w. I was looking for a tri-power set up, but no luck. Like Dan said, you'll have to use the spacer plates, but they are expensive and, I have read, prone to leaks.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Not cheap but you might check with these guys: MorrisonOz/Ford Manifolds
That Cleveland version that they have is probably worth more than my entire car! But that is one smexy beastie of an intake setup!

On a side note, how do cross ram intake setups compare to our usual intake offerings?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
That was a question on a test I took.. not sure if it was when I was getting ASE or not but here's the question.. Not sure if this applies but here goes..

Why do some cars use side draft carburetors and others use down draft carburetors?

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
That was a question on a test I took.. not sure if it was when I was getting ASE or not but here's the question.. Not sure if this applies but here goes..

Why do some cars use side draft carburetors and others use down draft carburetors?
I'll take the test . what they got a ASSE performance test ?

1-depends on type of engine
2- hood clearance
3- this goes with 1- straight shot to the intake valve and would be the #1 reason for performance

·
Registered
544 Posts
No one ever made one for the Windsor block. Even the down draft Weber intake manifold sold by Blue Thunder is modified from the original Ford intake made in '67 for Can Am use. Your only "easy" option is to use the 289 cross ram and the Price adaptors ( well made) as already suggested. OR have one made. You could start with a Ford lightening bottom casting and have a tubular top made to suit. Or a dual quad with two Weber adaptors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts