Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all!! I just bought my son his first vehicle, 1977 Ranchero GT. I would like to know where you guys have had the best experiences buying parts. The first thing we are going to do is replace the interior floor as it has a couple of nasty rust areas. The next thing on the list is to dress up the interior: dash, seats etc.

To keep the boy's mom off my case I am going to clean up the front in and put new parts on the suspension and brakes.

If you can recommend quality places to obtain these items, I would greatly appreciate it. If you ever get near Houston, be sure to contact me.

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello to all!! I just bought my son his first vehicle, 1977 Ranchero GT. I would like to know where you guys have had the best experiences buying parts. The first thing we are going to do is replace the interior floor as it has a couple of nasty rust areas. The next thing on the list is to dress up the interior: dash, seats etc.

To keep the boy's mom off my case I am going to clean up the front in and put new parts on the suspension and brakes.

If you can recommend quality places to obtain these items, I would greatly appreciate it. If you ever get near Houston, be sure to contact me.

Thanks
Your sunk as far as the floors go. Theres a guy on ebay, but ive seen only bad reviews. Suspension is limited to stock replacement, or poly bushings and ball joints. If you were thinking that the aftermarket would match that of an el camino, your going to be sadly sadly suprised.
Dearborne classics has interior bits, but not every piece is available as a repop. The interior windshield molding comes to mind as not available

Greensales- They are a New Old Stock (NOS)seller Meaning they buy up original ford parts from dealerships or wherever they can find them, and resell them to people like us. I have bought several pieces from them and have been very pleased with the customer service and the products.

Performance suspension technology(PST) Sells most everything you need for stock style replacement suspension, and some poly bushings and upgraded sway bars. Lowering springs dont exist beyond a custom made to order spring, which is effectively double the cost, per spring, compared to a stock replacement, or aftermarket springs for other vehicles.

There are other companies out there, search the internet as many different ways as you can think of when your looking for a specific part. Different search terms yeild lots of different results.

Ranchero.us has a forum where members sell parts as well. They are kinda funny over there, so just be ware.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Thanks
DEARBORNCLASSICS.COM has the whole interior set up as for the duhickies such as nobs and what not some of that can be found on there the rest can be found on ebay only buy from top sellers and (READ) before you buy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. What about other model parts? Just trying to learn which parts models will work in a ranchero.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the help. What about other model parts? Just trying to learn which parts models will work in a ranchero.
Torino Fairlane some galaxie 500 parts Falcon and LTD II parts. There are couple more but i have to remember the rest Torino and Falcon and LTD are the top interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
72-79 Ranchero interior pieces will all interchange (with a very few very specific exceptions). 72-76 Gran Torino, 74 to 79 Cougar, 77-79 Thunderbird, 72-76 Montego, and 74-76 Elite. All these cars have parts that will interchange with your Ranchero and you can get floor sections from them as well. There is also stuff that you can get off of the full sized cars as well, but that will take a little more research.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Thanks

Autozone for basic parts like alternators and power steering pumps and so forth.

Ford dress up and dash parts, go to Dearbornclassic.com you can buy a whole new interior kit from dearborn for 1k that includes seats and all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts