Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone let me know where to get a axel seal for a 1964 galaxie
cant find it locally cant find online thanks

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Where do you live? Most NAPA, Auto Zone and O'Rielly's carry them. Rock Auto on line.

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
The '64 Galaxie used two different rear axles, depending on engine. Which engine did yours come with?

David

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
The seal will have an I.D. No. on it. Take it to NAPA. Stay away from the box stores.

·
Administrator
21,671 Posts
Actually the 352 and 390 can have 2 different seals, small and big. Better to just take it with you. If they have to order they can measure it as the book should have the size in there also at napa. Friends 352 had the small and my 390 had large, i would of thought being basically the same engine they would be the same. The only dif was body style, his a 4 door non-XL mine vert XL. I wonder sometimes if they didn't toss in there whatever was on the line, oops buds, we ran out of this one, the line must keep moving so lets toss this in instead! lol

·
Administrator
21,671 Posts
The axle seal should be as common as a sbc valve cover gasket.
Riggght lol They are easily gotten just need to know which one to get. Which is easy enough too. At least they are something usually in stock.

·
Administrator
21,671 Posts
Mine are the big bearings, 390. A friend had a 352 it had small. I think that might be the cutoff for which one it is. Unless the assembly line ran out or something, never know! I try to carry them with me, saves an extra trip sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts