Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone talked to hi recently to see how everything is coming with the cobra? Like to now how hes doin.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is this anything like "Where's Waldo"?

I've been around, checking up on you all from time to time.

The Cobra build has been, well, unexciting. Stuff like heat and defrost ducts, stereo install (you have any idea how hard it is to put a stereo in one of these things?), roll bar and seat belt trim, etc. Winter has really slowed the build down. The most exciting thing is the side pipes will be going out soon to be coated (black). I have decided on a color though, silver without stripes. To me this looks so sweet.

Next weekend is the first meeting of the Minnesota Cobra Club. It's being held at a guy's shop who builds these things for a living. I'm taking my new digital camera (no more crappy pics
) and I'll post some if he has anything good going on.

Well, that's the whole exciting story. Pretty boring isn't it. Let's see, spring is only........too f'n far away!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Greg, whaddya mean "heater ducts"??? You don't need no friggin heater ducts!!! Ya get cold, ya just lean yer head over the door near the side pipes...
(By the way, good to hear from you again...) Oh, I've got bad news for you on the stereo. If ya ain't got about a kazillion watts or somethin', ya ain't gonna be able to hear it anyway!! Besides, those "woofers" underneath the doors are all the music you'll ever need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fxcomet on 1/16/02 7:58am ]</font>

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is Minnesota, with heat, wipers, and a removable hardtop I can get at least 3 more months of drive time each year. I've heard both ways on the stereo, "works great" and "can't hear it". Sure, with no top and hard on the gas it may be hard to hear, but while cruising, or with the top on, or while parked hearing the tunes shouldn't be a problem. Besides, my little 5.0 with the 3.08 gears should keep the sidepipes down to a low rummble on the highway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts