Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the PLX DM-6. Has anybody on here tried this and if so, with what results?

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Are you looking for a complete wide band set up? Innovate MTX-L is good for the money, $170.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I suppose you're aware the DM6 is only the gauge part. It does not include any sensor modules such as WBO2. PLX and Innovate are both solid units in my experience - when installed or connected properly. Takes you pick, but I strongly suggest a recording unit you can play-back with, or one that has an output to a laptop or smart phone to record for later viewing. You're just too damn busy to watch a gauge while driving, let alone try to see all the little bits of info and how they relate.

David

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at AEM and Innovate in addition to PLX.

The PLX one I was reading about is a complete AFR kit for around $200. I'm more interested in this one because of the smart gauge and it is all modular. I will need to add a vaccum/boost module to the same gauge for my turbo VW buggy project so it is really flexible. Gauge space on the buggy dash is at a premium.

I don't think I really need anything more sophisticated than this for my stuff.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Just make sure it logs the data. Trying to watch a gauge while running down the track or bouncing around the dunes is for the birds. It's actually almost impossible-speaking from experience!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts