Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought a beat-up random stock blue Ford air cleaner assembly with a snorkel - just to try. I have no idea what Ford it was from. It feels like it almost fits but catches just a tiny bit on the distributor.

I imagine since I want to have a carb spacer installed to also help with my heat issues, this would give it the clearance it needs.

I want to buy a nice one (from ebay?), should most stock Ford Air Cleaner Assemblies fit my 1976 – 400ci? i.e. would any Ford 302, or 351W/C/M, or 460 air assembly from the 70’s fit? They all look the same on the bottom in the pictures to me.

Car has an Edelbrock 750 sitting on top of an Edelbrock 351 Performer Manifold, with MSD distributor.

All advice is very welcome;

thanks!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would think it would fit fine.I had a nice factory air cleaner on my '77 T-Bird with a 351w,then installed a 400 and the air cleaner fit like it belonged there.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
IM not certain. But later cleaners are the only ones with the dura spark notch right?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found one on ebay for a 1970 351W, looked to be notched same as the one I test fitted, I hope will fit once the carb spaced is in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts