Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a D0AE block, a E2AE block, And a F1AE block. I have the parts to build one engine. It will be solid mechanical lifter so thats not a concern. Which block would you use for a 500+/-Hp build up?

·
Registered
543 Posts
1970 block vs 1982 block vs 1991? block. IMHO assuming the last one is a 1991 block, I would use this block first because it is a roller block.(more cam choices) Then the 1970 block and last 1982 block.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I think that the head bolts don't go into the coolant passages. No sealer needed on the head bolts of the earlier blocks. One more vote for the '70 mostly for the strength.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The 70 block is junk. I'll give you $15 & take over the payments, you pay shipping...lol. I hear over and over that the 1974 and earlier blocks are superior. If you feel you need a roller cam, the late model blocks make this easier, but w/ a solid flat tappet, the early blockshould be better (beefier).

Rick

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
How much HP are you really talking about? Yeah I read the 500+/- but between you, me and the wall we know it won' t be under 500hp.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Computer is showing between 503 and 535 depending how I do the extras.

Ok, if the early block would be best, how about which crank to use? I have the cranks for each. I've heard the early cranks don't flex as bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.