Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Ford p/u with a 302 in it & I would like to buy a complete engine or short block to rebuild this winter to put in the p/u.. have a chance on a 88 ford car with a 302 -will it fit or what years to look for.. Thanks in Advance >>Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
You didn't say what kind of car the 88 5.0 came out of...if it's from a Mustang, Thunderbird, or Cougar XR7, it's an H.O., (351W firing order, forged pistons, roller cam and lifters), definitely an improvement! Check out your heads, they should be the same, (E5TE or more likely E7TE). It's going in a truck so, because you have the space available and because it has larger runners, I would upgrade to a 70mm throttle body and use your existing intake...I would also, however, look into camshaft options. There is a big difference in weight and gear ratios between a Fox body and an F-150!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
WE JUST DID THIS SWAP THIS WINTER, 93 TBIRD HO INTO 91 F1504X4. WE USED STOCK TRUCK INTAKE AND EXH MANIFOLDS, AND HAD TO USE THE TRUCK FRONT COVER TO GET THE ACCESSORIES TO BOLT UP. WE LEFT THE STOCK ROLLER CAM IN , AND THE OWNER REPORTS A NOTICEABLE INCREASE IN POWER, HOPE THIS HELPS!

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
And just because it has the 351 firing order doesn't make it an HO. My 94 F-150 has that firing order, it's a mass air fuel injected truck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts