Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now i know some of you guys have the books that decode the #'s off of blocks, heads, holleys, t5's and so on. Which books are the best, and which ones do you have, Author and title would be great. I want to be able to go to a swapmeet or a junk yard and be able to look up the numbers other than comming on here to ask you guys, thank you

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
For Ford V8 motors I use, High Performance Engine Parts Interchange, by George Reid (SA Design) It covers 221-460 cid. Awesome book.

For the rest of the interchange, I use
Ford Parts Interchange Manual by Paul A Herd (Motorbooks International). It covers 1959-1970 Mustang/Fairlane/Torino And Mercury Cougar/Cyclone.

And for Holleys, I have an old 1978 Performance catologue that has most part numbers, cfm's, etc. found it at a swap meet.

Rick

·
Registered
283 Posts
for Holleys, get their latest catalog. Has a tech section in the back with most of their list #'s, and breaks down all the parts required/used in each unit. Also, get the Holley Carburetor Numerical Listing book. This book is also available direct from Holley or your speed shop. P/N 36-168. Has EVERY Holley list # and application ever made. Or, if you want a free version that you can print out, go to:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/CarbList.pdf

You'll need Adobe Acrobat reader.

I've seen these manuals on eBay fot starting bids of $9.99. The damn book has a $3.00 price printed on the cover! I got mine at Englishtown during the Mopar Parts Nat'ls about 7 years ago. Holley always has a booth there, and I get a catalog every year. Catalogs are a wealth of information that few people take advantage of.

As far as Mustang books, besides the ones mentioned above, a reprint of the factory shop manual for your year is a great idea. Mustang Recognition guide is a MUST HAVE.
Avoid anything in hardcover, 'cause it's all pretty pictures and sketchy info.

As far as parts interchange, I've got 3 Hollander interchange manuals that cover everything from early sixties til 1985.
Referred to around here as the "Guru Book of Knowledge". There are a couple intechange books around, check with your mustang supplier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hemikiller on 4/27/02 6:04am ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts