Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to figure out which cam to get...a Lunati or Comp Cam. What does everyone think? Also im getting some Roller rockers. Im going with 7/16 stud ones...What ratio should i get? What determines that? What are a good brand...without spending over $275? Thanks...all of this is for a 302. Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's pretty hard to label one cam company as being better than another. They all make good products, you just have to use a cam that most closely matches the specs that you need in your engine. I've use cams from Erson many times with good success, as well as many from Crane, a few from Comp Cams, an Ultradyne, a Wolverine, and a Lunati. They all worked good and were used because they had the specs that the engine liked. It's best to find out exactly what your engine will like and then go look for a cam that matches those specs the closest, without regard for brand preference. They all sell good products.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I like crane cams there spec fit my use the best you will have to scane all the cams and see what spec you like the best my .02 cents
Alan

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im willing to spend the money. this engine will have nearly 6000 in it...which is quite a bit when your only 16 working part time. Im trying to use the best. I want the most power out of it...while keeping it streetable...and keeping the full out race parts off of it. Thanks for the advice, ryan

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I've run Crower, Crane, Ultra Dyne, Comp Cams, and a few other I can't even remember. As far as customer service, Crower has my vote. As far as 'sounding different', Ultra Dyne has my vote there.
I've only run Ultra Dyne and Crane in my NOW motor, but Crane has made the most HP so far in it.
I guess, you get what you pay for. Call all the different cam companies, and get as much information from them as they get from you, (about your vehicle). It's a 2 way street. My .002

·
Registered
94 Posts
FYI, Crower is having a cam closeout. I don't know what you are looking for, but you might have a look. Hyd. and solid cams are $60. Hyd. rollers are $130 and solid rollers are $200, I think. I have used Comp. and Lunati and liked them both. Just bought a Crower to try out. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts