Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for a Distributor, coil, and box. I know that MSD is pretty good, and has a good reputation, so i think ill go that way. But i have been searching for these iteams in PAW Summit and Jegs, and there is sooooooo many different ones, which is best for me? I am going to be running about a 350hp 289, in my 66 Stang. It will see 6000+ shifts daily. I might also put Nitrous on it later, but not for now.
Also i have some Questions about my combo, i have a 68, 289 block, World Products Windsor Jr. heads, and was going to go with TRW pistons, with a [email protected], .512 lift cam, will i have any probles with this combo? Also i heard that the spark plugs are in a different location, will the cheap, full length Headman headers still fit?
thank you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thats 6000+RPM's shifts, daily

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
On 2002-04-17 18:21, andysam wrote:
Thats 6000+RPM's shifts, daily
Just wondering what kind of driving you do. Shifting at 6k on a daily basis might require upgrading more than just your ignition.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well to tell you the truth, i have a Restricted lisence that olny allows me to drive to school and work. So i only drive about 20-25 miles a day, but i make them count, i race anything that is willing. I have a T5 tranny, W.P. heads crane cam, 4.11's, holly 750 DP, Edelbrock Air-Gap intake, and headman headers. Not too bad on a college budget.lol. Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
As a matter of fact, since you asked, yes I do. Find a track to race on before you kill yourself or someone else. There have been several deaths in my area due to street racing. I'm not against a quick or infrequent light to light, but if you are racing everything willing on a daily basis, it's only a matter of time.

Think about it. Is it really that important?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts