Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
21,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 600cfm Edelbrock and wanting to put another phenolic spacer as I got better results with that to prevent the fuel percolating and am about to order one with a pcv on it. Which would be the best one to use. The open type or the one with 4 individual holes?

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Deb, If you have the Ford intake and want to try a water-cooled spacer, you can have mine. I'll even throw in the return pipe that goes with it.

Attachments

Reactions: ahaywood5785

·
Administrator
21,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the stock cast iron. I'm going to be swapping engines soon hopefully and not sure what the other engine has on it for a manifold so maybe I better wait on the spacer til I know for sure!

Puttster, I have my spacer kinda like that but mine is shaped like a cheese wedge to keep the carb level. I by-passed the water hose when I started having heat issues with the carb in CA. Since no pcv I went back to the aluminum one and cut off the metal "water tubes" which were a bit messed up then added the thick heat shield type gaskets. It works but not as well as the plastic spacer did. Don't you have a wooden one you made, think that was you right?

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Ha ha, yes I made a wood spacer to put under this stock spacer so I could use it on my Edelbrock intake. I since found a spacer that fit an Edelbrock AND had a PVC nipple.
I know you've had this heat issue for a long time. I was thinking you could hook this up to a secondary cooler like people use for oil but run water through it, maybe on a timer for 10 minutes after shutting the engine off. Then you could patent your invention and we could be millionaires. That was my plan, anyway...

Reactions: 70XL

·
Administrator
21,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha ha, yes I made a wood spacer to put under this stock spacer so I could use it on my Edelbrock intake. I since found a spacer that fit an Edelbrock AND had a PVC nipple.
I know you've had this heat issue for a long time. I was thinking you could hook this up to a secondary cooler like people use for oil but run water through it, maybe on a timer for 10 minutes after shutting the engine off. Then you could patent your invention and we could be millionaires. That was my plan, anyway...
I bet somewhere out there someone has done that already! A friend told me back in the day for drag racing they would coil the fuel line in a can of some kind and fill it with ice to make their runs and it kept the fuel cooler and helped with atomizing. Forget what he called it. I'd never heard of it before! But would be something like your idea kinda.

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts

·
Administrator
21,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Administrator
21,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Start building puttster, i wanna know how well it works first!

Btw!! I beat my MPG record! Must be a lot of down hills coming back from the coast and heading NE as I got 17.9 MPG!! I barely got over 16 once and thought that was great. This one was almost 18! I think because I'm bout to do an engine swap the beast is crying out NOOOOoooo! Do ya think? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
17.9 mpg? Are you sure? I get 8.6 except when I miss a fill up, then I get 17.2….:mad:

·
Registered
90 Posts
i got 15.4 last trip towing a bike to deals gap, and that was with the 750 summit carb. dialed in with the 600 i know i can get 17 mpg hwy easy as the afrs are much better over all.

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
I need to get me one of those afr gauges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts