Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 64 Frame Brackets but I read somewhere that the 289 rubber mounts will not work with a late model 5.0 as the holes dont line up.

Which Rubber Motor Mounts do I need with 1996 5.0 ?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have 64 Frame Brackets but I read somewhere that the 289 rubber mounts will not work with a late model 5.0 as the holes dont line up.

Which Rubber Motor Mounts do I need with 1996 5.0 ?

Thanks
You can use your 64 mounts. They will align just fine. Ford did not change the engine mount pattern on its blocks. You will need the early 64-65 Comet/Falcon and Mustang engine mounts to work with your early frame mounts. I would drill a hole through the rubber mounts and add a bolt and lock nut so they can not pull apart. The rubber is prone to breaking.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I second this. I used to watch my dad change mounts every couple of months until he read something about drilling and bolting the mounts in Hot Rod.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The 221-260 won't line up.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
And you may have to trim the left one just a bit at the front of the mount.
I re-drilled the hole to get the mount to sit flat against the boss and the corner of the mount off the block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts