Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi @ all!

this is my very first post here. i've got a 1970mach1, 351w with a couple of mods, so the engine has about 320-340hp.
i want to install a set of new spring leafs, but i don't know, which ones to choose.

the ride has to be lowered about 1 to 1,5 inches. i want to have a nice firm ride with it. it's mostly for curvy roads here in germany, but no racetracks or dragracing.

what would you suggest me? at dallasmustangs, i've found several leafs with different rates (global west). at mustangsplus, they sell different types of grab-a-track.

thanx for suggestions!!!

btw.: here's my car:

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/3334/mach1qt6.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mach1germany on 7/26/06 9:09pm ]</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wrong thread - sorry.
(please delete this last post)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mach1germany on 7/27/06 6:26am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I use 69Boss springs in my 65Mustang from Eaton Detroit Spring. They make a good quality spring, no one size fits all. The BOSS springs have the highest spring rate of all the cars FORD produced I think it was 155lbs/in

·
Registered
328 Posts
I purchased all my springs from ESPO springs. Great prices and very helpful in regard to application.

Don't have their contact info, but check for the link on Woody's Fairlane site

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as far as i can see, espo just offers the front springs.

i am looking for good rear spring leafs. i think, i'll install 4,5 leafs, reverse eye....

whatcha think of that?

·
Registered
328 Posts
ESPO carries a full-line of springs both front and rear and a complete line of suspension parts.

They are a class outift and very customer oriented.

Here is their # 1-800-903-9019

I would use them again

·
Registered
738 Posts
I went with the NPD's eaton spring kit for 70 351 Mach's 3 lowered car about an inch 138lb rating if I recall. rides great would buy again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts