Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
62 galaxie???? ive tried macs and another place and of course they got 66 and up and one a 59, but nothing for the 60-64???? why is this i would think with the 64's theyd be popular enough. thanks in advance

·
Registered
981 Posts
Got my 64's tank from Auto City Classics in Minnesota. You may have to solder your neck on the tank to fit a 62, but that's where to go. Check Hemmings for ads of theirs. I got it and the sender for under 300 bucks if I remember right.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, gives me something to think about now. my tank is still in decent shape, just have a rust problem and not sure that i wanna take the time and hassle to try and repair and seal it myself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought my 64 with a extremely rusted tank and a fuel supply that sat for over nine years, I pulled my tank out (very simple process) and had it RENU-ed at a authorized dealer here in So Cal. Cost is about $200.00 dollars average.
Might be more or less in your area?? The process is to drill 7/8 diameter access holes on each side of the interior baffles
and blast (sand/media) the interior.apply a fuel/petro resistant coating and sealant.and the finished result is better than NOS/replacement. I am extremely satisfied with my tank, money well spent.If you like I will post pictures of the process:Removal,disassembly,interior shots,completion.Reinstallation.Very solid restoration process in my opinion. Edz64

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks but this isnt something i can do in house, live in an apartment with a tiny garage, no sandblaster, no place to drain or handle the chemicals. let alone room to work. was thinking of either having the tank boiled or buying a new one if price is right. if you want please pos the pics as they may be helpful in the future. thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also live in an apartment but fortuneately was able to R&R
the tank.Just so you know,the repair/reseal is completed by an authorized shop.It is a patented restoration process.I will post pictures of the progress and final completion.
Edz64

1 - 8 of 8 Posts