Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started ripping mine apart the day before thanksgiving. Fenders off, heads off, all front suspension out, fuel cell out,and trunk lid off. I replaced all wiring and made a new aluminum dash with new guages,port matched the intake and heads, installed all new ball joints, bushings,tie rods, steering box, and pitman arm. Went through entire car with a sawzall and cut any piece of body that wasn`t CRITICAL off. Installed some extensions off the roll cage into the engine bay and tied them into the frame by the radiator. Pulled the rear out and installed new axle seals and wheel cylinders and painted everything while it was out. Fired it up today everything cool. Waiting for some AN brake lines before I can drive down the street. I will probably repaint it not sure what colors yet, but the guy that did Scotty Cannons funny car is coming over to do it and I will give him free reign. One trip to the scales and Lets race. Green Flag drops March 3.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You should get your car painted like Scotty Cannons car. haha That would be funny, seeing those huge teeth on the front of your car, that would be cool.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I pulled the motor from the dragster 12/1..
Out for it's usual offseason "freshening".
Re-certify the flexplate, check the bearings, etc. trans and rear are both out for service.Nothing major in those, just a good looking over. Body is being repainted.
Car is on a diet, trying to drop 30 lbs from the car weight. Driver on a mission to lose that much too, lol.. Season begins mid-january here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Machine work is almost done on the 472 so I can reinstall it in the 68 fastback, will also rewire it & up date the roll cage. Hope to have enough to buy a new pair of 16x32s. The Dragway here closed last week & will reopen last week in Jan. I also have a Mopar powered Shaw dirt Late Model to get ready, It needs a new bird cage, torque arm,5th coil & some new 55 Hoosiers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm pullin the C6 out and puttin the old convertor back in. The new one never has worked right, gonna have someone go through it. Also re-wiring the car, new Painless harness, and puttin on a new scoop. Other than that I'm ready.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts