Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have a shizze one!Who made less then
32,XXX(w/maga O.T)and is always told "How go you got it"??

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well this morning we were greeted with waste deep **** in one of our basements

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
If so then I have a bad job too.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
My last job had me making less than 16,000 a year, my customers yelled at me all the time, my boss was a micromanaging moron with a liqour problem and I got hit by six cars while there. I got to drive a grand am 15 miles while it was infested with roaches. I even got to help a guy look for a car who ended up driving to the Bush ranch to try and kill the president. How car you too get a job this great you ask?!! Car rental my friends,....car rental. It's not just a job. It's a sad way to pay SOME of your bills.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I HAD a bad job. I was getting paid 28,000 after 12 years on the job with 60 to 80 hours a week. I was job leader 6 years into it, and running the business after 8 years. Every year I got told the same thing," the company just doesen't make enough money to pay you anymore." This man saved the worst jobs every day just for me, cause he new I would take care of it without a bitch. Most of my help was making 85% of MY pay after 2 years and had 0 responsibility and they were getting high on the job every day. They wouldn't let me hire or fire anyone no matter what they did. After 10 years on the job, I was so taken for granted that none of the ownership could even remember how long I had been there. Not a single person even so much as shook my hand and thanked me. After 3 years of negotiations for a real raise and no luck, I decided that I was going to go out on my own. I gave the company 3 months notice and told tham that I would train a replacement. Their responce was to fire me with 1 day notice or keep my job with a 1 year no compete contract. I took my right hand man with me and started my own business. Instead of going after his customers, I went after his helpers first. I hired the only 2 good employees he had left and waited for the company to fall apart. With in weeks the company's customers that didn't go with me right away started calling for work and I was glad to help. After 16 months in business I just signed the company's last 2 remaining customers. I get up and smile every morning and sing "How do you like me now?"

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is why I work union. Our wage raises are negotiated as are our benefits. I've been in the union for almost 4 years now and am making about $30,000 a year. We just got a raise and will get a raise (a buck an hour) for the next 2 years, it may not seem like much but it adds up. Overtime doesn't happen very often, thank God. When it does come it's worth it, time and a half over 40 hours and up to 50, over 50 it's double time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I work about 50 hours a week. I sometimes have to watch people throw-up, or worse. I have to deal with whiners and hypochondriacs all day. I get to push drugs that sometimes make a difference. I get to jam tubes down peoples throats. I get to inflict pain by starting IV's. I get to drive really fast with lights and sirens blarring, legally.
I have to work rotating shifts, 2 days, 2 nights, 12 hour shifts. I rarely get off on time. I don't get overtime pay. I make about $1200 per check but bring home $800, but I get government benefits. Stress? plenty.
And I'm not easily replaceable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SawBones25 on 2/5/02 11:35am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I just WISH I had a job, it's killing my racing! As for Unions? Try 20 years at a job, average 60K per year, get fired & the union says, sorry, you just got screwed! Long story. Got laid off as a grunt grinder, nights 12/14 hours a week to get $300. It sux here in the land of the red man!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts