Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got busted today the state fiveohs. he was comin at me on the other side of the freeway and i was movin to say the least and he gunned me at 89... first time even being pulled over, the cop wrote it up as 75, which is 5 over, and i got no points on my license... so i was wondering if anyone has any idea, even the vaguest clue as to how much insuance will rise... im only wondering because im 17 and on my dads policy, and also how long does it usually take insurance companies to pick up the infraction? oh im in the state of michigan also

·
Registered
318 Posts
aaron...If the cop wrote you for 5mph over the speed limit and you received no points, your insurance will not be effected. The way it works here in PA, and most everywhere else is that the points assigned on a trffic stop are reported to the insurance company. Only then does the insurance company raise your rates. Points are only assigned starting at 6mph over the limit. Just remember that although the insurance will not climb for 5 mph over, this will still appear on your certified driving record. If you get caught speeding in the future or doing tire pounding smokey burnouts...oh I mean, if your foot slips off the clutch... then this violation on your less than perfect driving record could come back to haunt you. I'm a PA cop.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I know folks in the insurance industry, and I have been told that unless they actually check your DMV record there is no way for the insurance company to know you have a violation. I got a ticket in my commuter car 2 1/2 years ago, I got my Exhibition of speed 1 1/2 years ago, and it did not affect my premiums, and my insurance actually went down 8 bucks a month 3 months ago.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I got a ticket for 19 over, got one point, went to traffic school, which 'hid' the point on the record, and my insurance wasnt affected at all.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I think you'll be cool. I just beat the locals at their own game. Got busted at 140 in my SVO, aggrivated speed. I got arrested, should have been shot! Let that ricer get to me. Asked the officer in court to produsce his certification for the use of radar & the calibration equipment & it's dates. He was lost. Bet it won't happen again! $1000 fine 6 months in jail & 1 year suspension. Man, there is a God & he let me live to think about my mistake & not repeat it. Slow down man, make them wonder just how bad you really are... the Simpsons will be a re-run anyay. D'OH

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, sounds good, i just didnt want to have insurance rates rise for my dad because he would not appreciate that, so 95 dollar fine and thats the end of it, thanks BBCFORD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts