Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a very subjective question, but for mainly street use strokers 420 ci and up, who's cams give the best all-around performance in a manual trans, 3.70 gear driven car? Comp Cams, Lunati, Cam Research custom grind? I can't seem to find many listings for factory 351w roller blocks either.

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
5.0L HO cams are interchangeable with the same firing order, so those are usually used for more choices. Any company can make the best cam profile for your combo and needs; you just have to know what profile that is. Most cam companies have little (relative) experience with specific street stroker combinations and other fringe applications, so I would go to guys that build and run them every day for advice, since their breathing dynamics are different than 'normal'. Someone like Woody at FordStrokers would be someone I'd ask. I would be prepared to buy the cam from whomever you ask, in exchange for the valuable info.

David

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Like David says a lot of stroker owners (myself included) use a custom camshaft designed for their particular combo and what they want it to do... There are very few people on these types of forums who can actually tell you what is the "best" camshaft for your engine. Some other custom cam guys off the top of my head are cam motion,flowtech induction and bullet. I am sure any of those guys can fix you up.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks and yes, I am aware of all these things, but what I am wondering is if one manufacturer in particular has spent more time testing grinds specifically for stroked small blocks. Comp Cams has a section on their web sight for stroker cams, but not much for the Ford small block. I used cam Research for my 351w build and very well use them again, but always like to see what others are doing before I make a decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts