Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for pics on how the front is set up. Mounts mostly as no one make mounts for the front of these cars. The rears are pretty simple and are done but I'm scratching my head on the fronts.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm looking for pics on how the front is set up. Mounts mostly as no one make mounts for the front of these cars. The rears are pretty simple and are done but I'm scratching my head on the fronts.
Just like you would any full frame car.
Remove shocks and coils.
Weld some bag cups together to clear the spring pocket on the frame.
Relocate the shocks.

Suicidedoors.com has shock relocate brackets and can make custom size bag cups.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I have bag cups I made, rears were easy, but I am having just some issues with the front trying to get everything aligned right,espically the top cups. I whipped these lower front ones that I think might work. The two front bolts will be replace by the Strut Rod when it bolts to the lower control arm.

·
Registered
688 Posts
You will want to keep the the top and bottom of the bag parallel as you can or you will be blowing bags every 6 months or so of every day driving

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will want to keep the the top and bottom of the bag parallel as you can or you will be blowing bags every 6 months or so of every day driving
Yeah thats the issue I'm having with the top cups for the front is getting angles and height right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey I'm having the exact same issue with the brackets. I didn't see any updated posts from your issue. Did you get it resolved? What exactly did you end up doing with the front lower bracket? Also for your top brackets, what was the measurement for the length of tubing you used to get past the coil pockets and what diameter? Any information could really help

·
Registered
188 Posts
The front is the easiest to be honest unless you are just putting bags in place of the rear springs, and want to live with 6" of total lift and and a crappy ride for the rear.

As for the front you will have to trim the spring pocket in order to fit the larger bags, and relocate the shocks which is the most tricky of everything you have to do in the front.

Here is my 71 which has the same suspension as the 65.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not sure how updates this is bc I’m lazy and didn’t look. But whoever needs help with bagging their 65 and up galaxies. I have detailed build photos of the ones I’ve done and my personal 66 that lays frame on 20’s and daily driven.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts