Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to select a tire for my car , I havent run the e/t streets and am looking at those or nittos. I only drive the car maybe 2 times a week , what kind of tread where do you get are they extremmly quick wearing, or decent , dont want to have to buy tire more than 2 time a year . I know I would be happy with the nittto drags , but would like to have the e/t streets cause they are some mad hookn mothas.Ohh I dont do burn outs , dont beleive in um.

lowside

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm running E/T Streets and a spool, and they currently have about 650 miles of street driving on them. They still have quite a bit of rubber left on them. My E/T Fronts didn't hold out as well; they were replaced with less than 500 miles on them.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
The ET-Streets will run circles around ANY drag radial... and they cost about the same amount of money.

That being said, you can actually SAVE money by using real drag tires! Neither drag radials OR ET-Streets are going to last long with street duty. Their soft compounds also make the tread easily sliced open by debris in the road. For the street, you can't beat regular radials. They are cheap, last a long time, work well in the rain, and hold up better to curb abuse and debris in the road.

What you need are TWO sets of tires. On one set of rims, mount the regular radials, on the other, mount the ET-Streets or slicks.

There's no sense in spending all that money on drag radials (probably a brand new set every year) just to have inferior traction. You end up buying an expensive set of tires on a constant basis, and never get an optimized et. If you are going to spend thousands of dollars on a car, why piss away several tenths of et to a set of inferior tires?

A set of ET-Streets or slicks cost the same amount of money, and will last SEVERAL YEARS with occasional use! Run these for special occasions, and regular radials the rest of the time! You pay a little more money in the beginning, but SAVE money in the long run. As a bonus, YOU GET BETTER TRACTION AND QUICKER TIMESLIPS!

My $0.02... I think those drag radials are one of the best automotive marketing gimmicks to come out in a long time.

Buy an old set of wheels and mount a set of slicks on them for 'special occasions' and be happy... AND QUICK!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea , I have a set of slicks 28X9 m/t. I was going to run the e/t streets or drag radials for the street use or whould this just be over kill , I want something thats gona hook up when I am tooln down the road, I guess I am going to have to go with something like a plain radial for the road if they wear that quickly. I only have exsperence with just slick for the track and regular street tires
have never used the dot drag tires , but I was gonna give them a chance. You know when that PK in a civics at the traffic light.HA

lowside

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I've had real good luck with the Hoosier QT Pro's. They last about two seasons for me. My best 60 ft. is a 1.53. Granted I don't drive out of town with them but they do hold up for about 1.5k between replacements.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
I've also run Hoosier tires... both the slicks AND the Quick Time Pros. They are good tires, and tend to last longer than Mickey Thompson's. They seem to have significantly deeper tread than MT tire. I was able to cut a 1.46 60ft with on a 26x10 Hoosier slick. That was several years ago... I then decided to go to a 28" tall tire, and the guy I sold em' to is STILL running them and pulling the driver's front tire on his way to 11.8's in the 1/4 with his nitroused 351C 72' Mach I. They work well.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts