Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK ive kinda gotten into a little bit of argumentitive conversation with this prick. In my oppinion hes one of those guys that has done it all and anything you can do...hes done better. Well he doesnt like me because hes an Adult Teachers aide at our high schools woodshop. He doesnt like me because i dont respect him or some bs. He dislikes me even enough to the point...as to downgrade me during a cabinetmaking competition...so that i wouldnt win. Well weve went our rounds and im no longer in the class. Now he talks all sort of crap about me...pretty funny. Says that hemakes $100,000 a year and has tons of race engines at home and such. Which is bs because i know his wages (state law tells us) and its not much. He has like a 56 ford truck...I think...its older then 70's and looks like 50ish. Well everyone at my school doesnt know much about powerful cars...they drive a 140hp import piece of **** and think that its fast. This Teachers aide tells everyone that his pickup runs 9's in the quarter. From what ive seen. its a stock frame with the sheetmetal body and nothing is removed...basically stock. He drives it to school....Hmm a 9' second truck thats streetable? he told me friend that is a 457? and that it has the stock heads (ported) and the compression is 10:1 naturally aspirated. Now...I told them all that it is impossible to run anything faster then 15's with that setup. What does everyone think? Im pretty sure im right...but just wondering if there is any possible way to run 9's in that sorta truck...The last 9 second truck i seen was at the Import nationals...it was a tacoma, that was heavily moded...fake body and such with tons of Nitrous to propel it to a 9.82. What type of horespower are you looking at to propel that truck with a bb...Is a 457 even an engine? Thanks for any ideas, Ryan

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
My .02 - Don't even worry about being right, just smile and be glad you're not him!

If you're really concerned about it, have someone he gets along with ask him when he'll be at the track so they can see him run. I would bet he'll have lots of excuses, but no day he'll be there.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yep, like everybody is saying... Don't play his little games and stoop to his level.

Just smile and be happy that you really do know something... and have the self confidence to not brag about it.

Chicks dig it too

·
Registered
539 Posts
Let him talk. People like that live in a dreamworld. Let them have there little illusion and move on.

·
Registered
672 Posts
There's people like that at my school too. I'm glad I don't go there anymore. lol They would always say theri car is faster then mine, without knowing how fast it goes. I say cool, they wanna race, I say at the track. They say, tracks are for p*ssies. They just don't wanna get beat in front of people watching. lol

Like everyone has said before, just let him live in his dream world.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just ignore him. If you argue with him and win what have you won? An arguement with a fool.
I have been dealin with blowhards like this all my life (I'm 50) and the one constant is that everyone knows they are full of B.S. after all how old are you? 17, 18? Here's a guy in his 20s or 30s tryin to impress a bunch of teenagers. How pathetic is that?
As far as makin a streetcar (truck) go 9s it is possible but difficult. I don't know the guy or the vehicle but from the standpoint of having built a 9 sec car it is not likely.
Like I said its best to ignore him because in the end you know he is full of crap and so does he!

·
Registered
170 Posts
There is nothing for you to gain, you already stated he is in a position to affect you. Let it go. We have a saying around our building, if you fail at business you can always go into education. I've raised 3 boys and can number on one hand the number of teachers and administrators I'm impressed with. Currently I am on a committee to try and deal with a financial crisis in our school system, stupidity seems to be the rule in our school system. He will get you "labeled" amoung the other teachers and it won't be to your favor.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Dont argue with idiots...they will only bring you down to their level and defeat you with their experience at BEING an idiot.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The best way to deal with one of these idiots is to agree with him. They usually shut up,or if you are really lucky he'll tell you more tales from "his world".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts