Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smokey & the Bandit was a great movie,parts 2,3 were pretty bad?

Jaws was a great movie,parts 2,3 were horrible!

I even thought Speed was a good movie,and again Speed 2 was a bomb!

The only movies that kind of have good second and third parts are the "Lethal Weapon" movies.

I also think all the "Mad Max" movies were good,I like looking at those Aussie Fords they use in them.

But,in general do you guys agree that sequels are almost always bad films compared to the first edition?

I think there must be some sort of "vibe" like this going through Hollywood because the actors from the 1st. edtion rarely come back for the sequels?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I havent seen Lord of the Rings yet, will soon. They made all 3 in New Zealand, took 18 months and the other 2 are scheduled for release in the next 2 years. Has anyone seen the first one, and is it good.
I remember reading the books when I was a kid, and I have the animated one at home. I really like it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Havent seen Lord of the Rings yet but everyone I talk to says it is fantastic, they stuck to the book really well.

Ugh... "The Slow and the Boring 2" I cant wait, just what we need more ricer punks thinking their kings of the world and that flamethrower exhaust tips make you go faster.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Have to put in a rebuttal here for Lord of the Rings.
I loved the movie. Amazing F/X. I can't believe anyone would want to see this on a regular TV, instead of at the big screen. Just too big a movie for home use.
On the other side of the coin, my son (13 years old), says the movie was so/so, and that in his opinion, they did not follow the story line very well, and the players/people in the movie did not fit their roles very well either. (his opinion). That's why I hate to read a book and then see the movie. It's like you're 'grading it', rather than enjoying it. Unless it's a documentary, what's the point? Use it for what it is. Entertainment.
My .002

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I thought that Lord of The Rings was EXCELLANT. The ending left me yurning for the next one...DAMN THEM. I am 18, and thought it was good. Did not read the books.

I thought The Rocky sequels were good. BTW what Rocky movie was/is everyones fave? That is my Fave movie series.

Terminator had a good sequel.

I think some of the WORST sequels were the Jurassic Parks. 1 was BAD ASS. 2 Ohh my God. 3. What the hell was that?

bad bad bad...

Nuff bithin now

Jeff Given

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Well, they loose big stars, differnt directors etc. Think about Blues Brothers 2000.

Back to the Future 1,2,&3 were all good. So were all of the Star Wars movies.

I think if they intended for there to be a sequal, and keept most of the stuff the same, it can work.

Its really bad when they keep a character, and use a differnt actor to play them. Like Richard Dryfus in More American Graffiti.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I remember seeing Flying High and thought it was funny and when Flying High II came out it wasn't that funny at all.
Mad Max 1 & 2 were good, didn't like Beyond The Thunderdome that much.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Supposedly Matrix 2 and 3 are being made back to back and I've heard Jet Li will be in part 2. That should be awesome. I just saw Rush Hour 2 and that was pretty cool. Anything Jackie Chan does is great. I'm a huge martial arts movie fan, so Jackie Chan can make all the dumb sequals he wants, I'll still love 'em.

Some sequals should never be made, like Blues Brothers 2000. That was such crap. I mean the chase scenes were great,of coures, but John Goodman? C'mon, man. And that little kid, jeez that movie just plain sucked.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I've some to this conclusion, with very few exceptions EVERYTHING I've seen Stephen King put to film was more then a little off from his books.

I havn't seen the Tokien stuff, but want to, so I can grade it, lol.

·
Subscriber
173 Posts
On 2002-01-06 07:23, dragman64 wrote:
So were all of the Star Wars movies.
The Phantom Menace was the WORST movie. Any movie with that digital embarrassment Jar Jar Binks cannot be taken seriously. To top it off, Jar Jar will have a prominent role in the Episode Two: The Clone Wars. What a joke.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Sorry papacito, I ment the first 3. I didnt really like the new one either.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Mummy 2 rocked, Lethal weapons rocked, Die Hard 1, 2, 3, rocked, Indiana Jones 1, 2, 3, rocked, Aliens were good, Under Siege 2 (Steven Segal) was good, Glimmer Man 2 should be out in the spring or summer, First one was funny.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I prefer to see a movie first and then read the book... I liken it to being the cheapest extra for a movie not on a DVD. You get extended storylines and extras that make that situation more alive. If you have not read Lord of the Rings... give it a shot, you may become addicted to it.

That being said, true, companies try to make an extra buck by extending movies with sequels, in the hopes that the original name and movie will carry it. Sometimes the sequel does better than the first... Army of Darkness (third in the Evil Dead) or Evil Dead 2 were far better films than Evil Dead 1. Also, I hated the Mummy and the Mummy returns but the Scorpion King looks awesome.

My 2 cents.

1964 Galaxie 500 stock 289 3spd auto, Black Suede with Red Flames
1964 Falcon 4 door, dead 200 Cid 6, Blue and White Grandma Car

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desertdroog on 1/7/02 11:11am ]</font>

·
Registered
114 Posts
I really want to see Lord Of The Rings!!

·
Subscriber
173 Posts
On 2002-01-06 15:50, dragman64 wrote:
Sorry papacito, I ment the first 3. I didnt really like the new one either.
IMO the Empire Strikes Back was the best film in the original trilogy.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yeah I agree, some sequela are actaully better than the first. Like Terminator 2.

What do you guys think of the Revenge of the Nerds series? lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts