Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know from previous posts, my FE 433 stroker ate the cam and a couple lifters during startup/break in a couple weekends ago. After I decided that losing a cam this way would never happen again, I purchased a Crane roller cam and lifters. Wouldn't you know it. You have to have custom pushrods made and change springs too. While in there I decided to order Comp roller rockers just in case. While putting this all back together we found a spring and didn't know where it went so we pulled the pan on the Cruis-o to see if we accidently left it out when we put in the stall converter and shift kit. Nope, it must have come from somewhere else. Oh, whats this? Metal shavings in the bottom of the pan. Hmmmmm. Converter must be rubbing on the flex plate or already taken out the pump.

WHY DOES NOTHING ON THIS DANG CAR EVER WORK OR GO AS PLANNED!!!!

Sorry. This fiasco has been getting me down and I needed to vent. I end up doing everything on this car twice, why should the motor and tranny be any different. Thanks for listening/reading.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gbeeler on 7/18/06 9:46pm ]</font>

·
Registered
830 Posts
hang in there gbeeler !!! The end results will be worth it !!!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Go ahead and vent gb, things aren't working out for me at the time either, not just with the car but almost everything else. Your frustration can be someone elses comfort because it shows them that they are not alone.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am hanging...for now. A tranny guy is going to stop by today and look the filings and the motor should be operational by Tuesday of next week...if all the parts come in. It would really suck to sit in my car reving up the motor and pretending to be driving. I sure hope the tranny guy doesn't have bad news.

By the way I know the old saying "Misery loves company!" but it's kinda sad to here that everyone else has similiar problems. I hope they all work out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gbeeler on 7/19/06 1:59am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
No matter how sexy our girls can be to us. They are all prone to have PMS every once in a while!

(Ours seems constant though, Tranny leaks after 3 gaskets and a new pan! There is'nt a Kotex big enough my man!)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehehe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, what does this spring look like? What are the measurements? You can order all the roller stuff from Doug G. @ Precision Oil Pumps. He has the exact lenghts in stock (most of the time). Customer service next to none. Do yourself a favor and call him up and tell him your combo and needs. You will be fixed up with a quickness. BTW I have done everything on my Gal twice and I could just junk this car if I had not sunk so much dough into it. G.D. old Gal's! A headache a day will keep a new car away. Throwing good money after bad. Few know how to repair properly first time round. Second time you must spend the money you did not spend the first time in order to get it right. Right?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brotherdon, I have to agree with you in 1/2 of the cases. Doing things once only to do it right the second time. The other half are just lady luck squating on my head and taking a dump.

I already have everything ordered for the motor. After today I'll be waiting on only the push rods which should ship today or tommorrow. The tranny is a whole other can of worms. I think I will go with a C-6 although an AOD would be cool too. Just not sure if it will hold almost 600 hp. I guess that I am probably a little nieve if I think a Cruis-o will hold 600 hp.

I think I'll do a search on adding a C-6 to a 64' and see what comes up.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sticker inside construction hard hat..-NO.1 do you know exactly what you are doing?No.2 Are you really sure you know what you are doing?(LOL) practice practice ..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Oh man too funny this is why I have not done the t bird brake swap. I need to make sure to have twice the amount of time needed, lady luck dumping on your head.....classic !

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Almost everything I do/ have done to the car is done at my brother-in-laws automotive repair shop. I agree I am no mechanic but he is and has been for almost 18 years.

Famallmta: Already have the roller cam and lifters in. Just waiting on the custom push rods now. Wish I'd have know earlier though. Could have saved alot of money.

Sleepysal: Do the MP Brakes bolt on conversion. Works awesome and takes less than 1 day. 11 3/4" rotors too.

I should have a C-6 to fit an FE built by middle of next week. I sure hope the car is runable soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts