Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1965 Falcon, 331, with 8.8 posi rearend. This car for the first 15 years was easy to push. My clutch spring fell off yeasterday and I had to push the car up the street to safety. It was painful, Straight line was OK but with the wheels turned it was almost inpossible. Any ideas??? Thanks.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
1965 Falcon, 331, with 8.8 posi rearend. This car for the first 15 years was easy to push. My clutch spring fell off yeasterday and I had to push the car up the street to safety. It was painful, Straight line was OK but with the wheels turned it was almost inpossible. Any ideas??? Thanks.
first 15 years did it have a 8.8 posi ?
if answer is no and you want it easy to push around a turn ... you know what you have to remove

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
One other theory is that you're a year older and not the superman you used to be. Me too, I've been in and out of the hospital for the last 5 day's and got 2 more to go. I'm bummed and only 44 for krikies sake!
what fe is saying is your out of shape.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahaha thanks guys, No it has only had the 8.8 for 5 years or so. Ok makes sence the posi makes it harder to push.

FE - Whats going on do you have kidney stones or something? If so I have had my fair share and one of them I had surgically removed. Lets just say I was pissing razor blades for a couple of days after. Hope you get rid of them quick and have good painkillers. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Painful.... heh, that's not the half of it.

I've been SHOT, STABBED, DRILLED, POKED, HAMMERED, SCREWDRIVERED (phillips, Regular and Torx), Rubber Mallet-ed, Transmissioned several times and even slapped on the ass by a guy that thought I was cute, but this damn DT is more painful than all of the above!

I'm fine though. :) I just like to cry like a baby when taking a crap. LMAO

·
Registered
106 Posts
Painful.... heh, that's not the half of it.

I've been SHOT, STABBED, DRILLED, POKED, HAMMERED, SCREWDRIVERED (phillips, Regular and Torx), Rubber Mallet-ed, Transmissioned several times and even slapped on the ass by a guy that thought I was cute, but this damn DT is more painful than all of the above!

I'm fine though. :) I just like to cry like a baby when taking a crap. LMAO
Good god man! Are you a combat mechanic?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Try pushing it with a spool around corners.....like in my car....

And i´m a 120kg, 6"1 Man of 39 Years, with Powersport history....

God knows why they are called "Muscle Cars"....*haha*

;)
Mark

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Lay off the pop corn and peanuts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts