Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a Galaxie and a Thunderbird. Thunderbird forum not as exciting as the Galaxie forum. They hardly ever post new stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Maybe they're a more refined group, or just don't want to share their secrets, haha.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I guess we are stealing their thunder.......

I know that was aweful...............

·
Registered
977 Posts
GALAXIES have been around befor the beginning of time. Don't know how long the Galaxies has been around , but we own a 63 galaxie 500 boxtop 4door sedan.We have Fe, JC and a whole lot of other WISE one on here..I know JC on the personal level, which is a good thang..

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know that there are lots of Thunderbird specific forums out there, covering all of the various iterations. Is it maybe because the Galaxie specific forums aren't as good as what you can find here on FM? Just making a supposition, I have owned a 95 and a 66 TBird, but never a Galaxie (not that I dislike them),

cheers
Ed

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
i'm not sure why, but FM's little galaxie thread is one of the best anywhere...folks are usually more civil than most of the other forums i visit- the FM late model mustang thread is kinda dead, but theres others...

themustangsource is my fave for mustang related stuff, another very well put together site...I'm sure if you shop around theres other tbird forums too, just hard to find ones that are busy/friendly/not over-moderated...

maybe if you find some you dont care much for, invite some folks to fm- it only takes a few to really get it rolling...FE, Shotrod, GregCook, the late Murff and tbirdchick seemed to get most of the conversations rolling years back, always a fun read... then theres those with the true passion for their old cars like JC and some of the guys and gals that got the car their grandfather/parents had, and heck- they even like 4 doors here, huh Gary :)

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Galaxies themselves were designed for the more genteel of people, so a habit of graciousness for new posters flows naturally.

·
Premium Member
5,384 Posts
Easy.
Galaxies raced in NASCAR.
Thunderbirds didn't.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Galaxies themselves were designed for the more genteel of people, so a habit of graciousness for new posters flows naturally.
Does this include FEandGoingBroke.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Does this include FEandGoingBroke.

Good catch, Jim. You see how I edited that? Initially I had included a pretty long explanation as to how there were exceptions to the genteel idea - exceptions mitigated by hard knowledge, crude but honest postings and strange likability including an annual July 4th BBQ. But then I scratched it because everyone would know I was talking about FE anyway.

Edit: oops July 14th BBQ

·
Registered
94 Posts
...couple of errors in perception

1) Thunderbirds have been around longer than Galaxies...1955 T-Bird and 1959 Galaxy

2) Thunderbirds have run NASCAR

·
Administrator
21,634 Posts
...couple of errors in perception

1) Thunderbirds have been around longer than Galaxies...1955 T-Bird and 1959 Galaxy

2) Thunderbirds have run NASCAR
Yeppers but don't forget, it's "IE" not "Y" ;)

I have a difficult time now spelling the planetary type Galaxy as i always want to spell it IE.

·
Premium Member
5,384 Posts
So that's why the Galaxie forum is way busier.
It's us Galaxie guys setting the Galaxy guys straight. :)

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
You see how I edited that? Initially I had included a pretty long explanation as to how there were exceptions to the genteel idea - exceptions mitigated by hard knowledge, crude but honest postings and strange likability including an annual July 4th BBQ. But then I scratched it because everyone would know I was talking about FE anyway.
I for one appreciate the knowledge and information I get on here. It doesn't matter if it's shoved down my throat or served to me on a plater. It's still information and I still need it. Just funnen with you FEand GoingBroke. Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts