Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to start widening project on my rear wheel wells of my 1964 ford fairlane gonna move the wheel well back to the frame rail to gain the extra 2 inches any info and insite would be appreciated to get any rim 8 or 9.5 will not fit without reliving the area i had the axel housing cut down an inch on each side to center a wheel and used wheel simulator but it still needs to move over pictures of the job and info will be helpful for my research thanks

·
Registered
1964 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe
10 Posts
I have 275/40R17s on the rear of my '64, also no issues and no modifications required. It is tight, I won't lie. But zero rubbing or clearance issues. I didn't do the build, so I don't know what the offset on the wheels is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 275/40R17s on the rear of my '64, also no issues and no modifications required. It is tight, I won't lie. But zero rubbing or clearance issues. I didn't do the build, so I don't know what the offset on the wheels is.
look at the inner part of the rear wheel well and see if its flat to the frame rails or has a 2" lip and then the wheel well

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i tried a 18 inch 9.5 wide rim around an inch of clearance on outer quarter little to tight for my liking with no tire on it gonna go with 17 inch 8 wide to get comfortable fit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts