Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought the 351C powered 69 Falcon down from storage Sunday afternoon. Hooked the battery up, and she fired right up after sitting all winter, ooooo what a sweet sound, that solid cammed 11.5:1 cleveland..too much is just right...I need to uncork the headers just to irritate the new neighbors
Anyway, parked her in the wife's garage, put her up on stands and started working on the rear brakes(new drums, cylinders, etc) My question relates to my conversion to discs on the front, I had trouble with my line loc not holding like I think it should. I converted to Granada discs, with a granada factory prop valve, and manual brake master cylinder. Do I still need an adjustable prop valve, to send less juice to the rear??

Thanks in advance, we're goin racin in May!!!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Sounds more like the master cylinder you are using doesn't create enough front brake line pressure. Do you have any idea what bore it is? The larger the bore, the lower the brake line pressure will be.

Also, where drum brake are 'self-energizing' disc aren't and takes a high pressure to hold them.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Sandman...out of curiosity....are you certain you have 11.5:1 compression? I a not doubting you ONE BIT, I was wondering that if you are certain that you do, what fuel are you running??

Thanks a lot!

Jeff Given

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
11.3-11.5 is about where it calcs out to be...though I should burette it to know exactly where it is...my luck it's probably less........anyway, I'm running Sunoco 110 purple just because that's what I can get ahold of around here. I could run AV gas I suppose, but haven't had time to try it yet. This is the first time I've ever run and engine with that type of compression, and didn't want to take any chances.

My master cylinder and front calipers are matched (both from Granada), as is the factory prop valve. If I can pick up an adjustable one cheap, I'll give that a shot.

Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts