Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So two years ago for my wife's 50 birthday I bought her a little '65 that had been a project car of a father and son. There were some mods that were good upgrades and some that had good intentions but never finished. It has a Ranger rear end with disc brakes, a Tremec 5 speed tranny but only a straight 6 driving it. The dad side of the duo did not want the high school son side of the duo to have too much power. He said he intended to upgrade to a 302 when his son graduated. It has 4 wheel disc brakes upgrade and wider tires all around but has no power steering.
My wife has wanted power steering to make it more fun to drive. No PS, 5 speed, and wide tires = you have to be moving to turn the wheels with one hand, and she is not enjoying it as much as she wants. Well you know the old saying; happy wife happy life, so I decided to upgrade the whole front end. I bought a Heidts IFS kit so I will be getting rid of the shock towers and gaining power steering to boot. She just wants to have fun with it and she is not into racing or power, a V8 would really be lost on her because she would not use its potential. Although an 8 is on the list of upgrades but just not this year. Problem is that the Heidt's kit is designed for an 8, the in line 6 pan has the reservoir on the front of the engine and it is going to impact the crossmember and steering rack.
Anybody know if they make a reversed pan and oil pick up for the 6 cylinder? I know you guys may think I am crazy and advise me to just put an 8 in and save some trouble but financially I am not there yet, it is going to be a slow build but I want her to still be able to enjoy it in between phases.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts