Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, hows it going. I have been on this site since november and I've been so obsessed with figuring out how to build my car I've completely ignored the garage. So anyway, this is a quick howdy to y'all. I'm ready to come out and play now (when my wife allows
)

Cheers,
David

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a Cougar, X-r7. 302, C-4, 2.79 rear end -- as it was from the factory when my mom bought it in 1968. No rust, no accidents. I hope to make it into a reliable but resonably quick daily driver...of course while working within a budget.

I'm graduating soon and thought this would be a good gift to myself to fix up. It's an obsession because it's all I think about in my free time. But it keeps me motivated at school. I guess it's better than crack, but will probably prove just as costly...

·
Registered
539 Posts
It may cost alot but it's better than sitting in the slammer or laying in a cold box. Just checked out your Bronco, it's a nice one. I've got a 75 that's in hundreds of pieces. Just can't seem to find the time to work onit.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I've been totally obsessed with my cars for years and usually think about nothing but how to improve the combo or what combo would be the ultimate for my buildup guidelines. Many of us here are like that so you should feel at home here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2002-02-10 01:20, gttorinofan wrote:
It may cost alot but it's better than sitting in the slammer or laying in a cold box. Just checked out your Bronco, it's a nice one. I've got a 75 that's in hundreds of pieces. Just can't seem to find the time to work onit.
75 Bronco? You might actually have factory disk brakes and power steering? Mine has neither. I like to think of not having those luxuries as having less to break off-raod, but I'd install them in a second.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey Wildcat, the Cougar sounds nice. It's great to get a car from family. It is a 75 Bronco I was talking about. It's got powersteering but no disc brakes. If you want to see a rare Bronco check out Chilly's roadster in his car files.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gttorinofan on 2/11/02 9:56am ]</font>

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, that's one fine looking Bronco. Do you know if he has the factory drum brakes all around? The one bad thing about my truck is the brakes. Big tires + no power brakes + drums on all four corners = squirrelly stopping. The truck has really taught me not to tailgate.

Power steering is nice to have as well, especially when cranking the wheel over rocks. But man...you should see my triceps I'm ripped!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts