Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if a 93 lincoln mark VIII fit in to a 63 galaxie with little or no fab work

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Hell no the Mark VIII uses a 8.8 IRS design and is about 100 pounds heavier then a 9 Inch and its much harder to change out gears.

If you did use it the width would not be that bad of an issue maybe since it is IRS maybe you could get longer axle's but I thought about doing this and it would be a Pain in the ass and another thing the Galaxie is a Full Frame Car and the Lincoln is Unibody when it comes to 9 Inches that may not be a problem but I know it would be in this case somehow.

So no it would take alot of work to get it in there and then you would have to make sure it is has the right offsent in relation to the transmission so they dont have any problems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dbu8554 on 11/3/06 2:07pm ]</font>

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I think you may want to look at a MkVII's 8.8. You'll need to weld perches on it and you may need to play with the U joint coupling but as dbu8554 says a Mark 8 IRS would be ALOT of fab work The do have a "sub" frame of sorts but you'd need to do a lot of playing around. Then you get the added bonus of wheel hop when you juice it! Stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts