Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody here running electric water pumps on their 385 series BB Galaxie??also what CFM electric fans are you guys running?

·
Registered
580 Posts
There,s room enough for an elec. pump(I can get you a measurement if you like) but I,m not sure their the best way to go for the street.
Everyone seems to have different opinion on this one.
I run a edelbrock victor pump on mine and don,t seem to have any issues with cooling.
I run a 16" pusher (cmf?) on front of the rad. for the traffic light stuff. Stays around 190* in the city. 180* on the road.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there enough room to put an electric fan behind the radiator (in front of the engine)?? i hear theyre more efficient than engine driven fans. Also, where did u mount your tranny cooler??yeah i know im resurrecting this thread from a long time ago,but after a hiatus im back in Galaxie mode

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a 16" puller fan on my 64 Galaxie, had to offset the fan to clear the water pump shaft even after I cut about a1/4" off the shaft. I used a SPAL Fan and controller mounted inside so i can tell when the fan in on high or low. Good luck with your 460.
Bill Bailey

·
Registered
224 Posts
You may be able to get the measurements ( Depth from nose of pump to block ) from the electic water pump of your choice from the supplier and compare the stock mechanical pump for clearence. Anyone else want to jump in here???,
Bill Bailey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts