Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the core support out of a 65 Fairlane bolt up and fit in a 64
fairlane? I have a chance to buy one but I want to make sure it will work first. Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you are talking about the front rad support area, then yes it will be the same. The 63-65 Fairlane were pretty much the same chassis and unibody. The 65 looks much different because they were squared off but they are the same chassis.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
You telling me that under this sheet metal that they're basically the same?

I reckon it's possible but not plausible....
The platform is basically the same. The 63/64 core support is the same but the 65 is different. Not saying it won't work but modification(s) would be needed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Same basic platform. The roofs are the same, same basic suspension, except for some minor rear leaf spring attachment with the rubber isolators and spring rates and bushings. Wheelbase is a bit longer on the 65 and overall length is longer due to making the trunk longer. I am assuming that the core support would work, but it probably has holes in different spots due to the different headlights and they used a different rad and the outer part that comes out to the fenders will be squared off to match the fenders.(A little fab work needed) But yes the 62 to 65 were pretty much the same under the outside sheet metal.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Give Bob Mannel in Tennessee a shout. He is with the Fairlane Club of America. He will tell you absolutely everything that you ever wanted to know about the 62-65 Fairlane.

·
Registered
136 Posts
although the 62-65 share the same platform, the rad support is different than the 64. It will physically weld into the 64, but the ends are completely different to match the contour of the fenders for the 65

Not worth the effort to modify the 65 to make it work. Best to find a 63 -64 support.

check out pic from this site (not mine)UNDER1981.COM/1965 FORD FAIRLANE 500/65 FORD FAIRLANE 500/65 FORD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts