Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 mustang GT California car. It has stock mass air. So basically it is a 89. The engine is currently all stock. I am pulling it and rebuilding the bottom end with a .030 bore. I want to keep this a low end street car. Never will go to the strip. But I still want to get some extra horses under the hood.
I am looking at adding a Trick Flow Street Heat EFI, 24# injectors, C&L 76MM mass air kit, 70mm BBK throttle body and EGR, densecharger, BBK underdrive pulleys, 3.73 gears, Hedman headers, h-pipe, FMS B303 Cam and lifters.

Now my question is, will this be too much for my stock heads. I want to eventually get new heads but until then will my stock ones work ok?

Will the computer be able to coordinate with these changes?

Also will I need to get a bigger fuel pump? Maybe a 155lph?

Is there any incompatibilities in these parts? Too much air, wrong injectors? Would the 19# ones be sufficient for now?

I am looking at order this in the next few days. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The gears, exhaust and cam will wake that thing up, I am not a fuel injected kinda guy so the rest of your mods I dont know much about, but keep in mind that it is the package that makes power not just one or two items. My .02 is that these additions wont be to much for your heads, but the addition of heads will make the package work more effectively. Before I went to Edelbrock heads I was running stock 89 heads on my car and it made 280 HP at the rear tires with the B-303 cam, 1.7 ratio rockers, and a 650 dbl pumper, underdrive pullys, windage tray, and JBA shorty headers. I cant answer your question about the injectors or fuel pump, but I am sure someone here can help.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. You are the first from any message board to atleast post some usable info. I read somewhere that my 19# injectors will be ok for the other items. I was hoping someone else could shine some light on this subject.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I'd think your stock injectors would be fine for your listed mods. You'd probably want to wait on the 24# injectors for the head swap,or if you decide to use the bottle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts