Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new canton windage tray requires the use of special main studs to mount the peice. It came with (4) ARP special studs only. d'You guys think I should replace the remaining bolts with studs...will this distort main alignment any? Don't studs, especially ARP, have substantially better distribution of force and higher tensile strength?

·
Registered
359 Posts
only came with 4?
I ordered mine through probe and it came with all the studs, probally will be worth it to replace them since they are stronger anyways

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,
sortof blew my mind too...granted, at least they were ARP. BTW, ordered Pan/Pickup/Tray/mounting Studs kit from Mustangs Plus; $329. REALY REALY nice stuff otherwise.

Im a tad less than a little concerned 'bout main bearing alignment or distortion, with the switch-over from bolts to studs (Ive just ordered some std. ARP studs to complement and complete). Don't suspect there should be much non-kosherness,... but fear the freeze,spin & sin fandango. I enjoy sound sleep, A LOT.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
replace the bolts with studs from the same company-ARP. dont mix studs with bolts, it defeats the purpose and gives mixed torque readings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts