Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone, first time poster... My '63 FB driver's side window won't roll back up. The regulator (manual) seems to work fine. I can see it moving up and down when I turn the crank, but the metal strip that connects the regulator with the window is broken (rusted pretty badly).

I've searched the catelogs looking for this part with no success (Dearborn Classics, Mac's, Donahue, etc.). I'm sure that the passenger side is in a similar state of repair. What are my options? I'd appreciate any insights that anyone might have.

TR

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
My local auto glass shop used to have them made at a sheet metal shop and then weld the bottom part where the roller goes on before installing it on the window. My 63 1/2 has them on both door windows.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll have to try a local glass shop. I think that the originals are held together by rivets. I've been able to find a local repair shop where the guy tells me that they can sometimes repair the old, rusty parts. Thanks for your suggestion - I'll make a few calls and see what I can find.

TR

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is one of those areas where you can see how automotive technology and thinking developed over the years. Everything used to be bolted or screwed onto cars at one time, then they started making complete assemblies that were, well, unassembleable, and now we are into specialty clips and fasteners.

There's a history lesson in every old car...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts