Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Local place will probably be cheaper than a mail-order, but they aren't cheap!

And as for the install, they're not very hard to install, just messy.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I don't know if this may help, but try to find a "cross reference" parts number manual...sometimes other parts will fit your Mustang from other Ford and Mercury lines (with the Mustang, might be a chance the Cougar parts will fit, so you might find a better deal on a windshield that way). I had a 69 Cougar with the "glue in" driver and passenger door windows...and when I broke one out, the glass shops in the area charged me an arm and a leg for it, plus they could only find one way up in Connecticut, so they charged me extra to have it shipped. Well next year I broke out the opposite side (before anyone asks about my habit of breaking door windows, it was because they glued in, and would come loose and fall out when you roll down the window
), so I went to talk with a guy I found that had lot's of Mustangs and supposedly his brother had Cougars...well he had a parts manual that cross referenced Ford products, and low and behold the 69 coupe Mustang side window were the same thing as used in the 69 Mercury Cougar, so I bought one from him and had it installed. When I checked with a glass shop, it came out to be about $50 cheaper to order a Mustang glass then the cougar.
So before you commit to a 73 Mustang windshield, find out if you can use another model from the same year, and you just might be able to find someone parting out that type of car you need it from.
Good Luck!
Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Humphrey351 on 8/8/06 10:24pm ]</font>

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I think my buddy got one from Kragen's or something similar for his '66 for like 500 bucks... not cheap!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thekingofazle on 8/9/06 3:34am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Would there be any way a 71 convertible windshield would fit? I know they are the same body pretty much 71-73, but how much of a differance does the convertible part make?

·
Registered
283 Posts
On 2006-08-08 18:30, sharpshot71 wrote:
Would there be any way a 71 convertible windshield would fit? I know they are the same body pretty much 71-73, but how much of a differance does the convertible part make?
71-3 Mustang and Cougar, hardtop and convertible use the same windshield.

Odd man out is the sportsroof.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts