Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I have a leaky windshield on my 1967 Fairlane... I am having a hard time finding a seal to replace it... is there something that I am missing here? I've tried Mac's and Dearborn to no avail...

·
Registered
425 Posts
It's glued in. Take it to a glass shop or have a mobile service fix it

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are correct there is a seal/gasket,and they can be hard to find.I have my windshield out now and can post a picture of how the seal fits if that helps.

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
Ihad a leak at the top of mine. Took off the molding (not too easy) and stuffed some sealer in there and it's been dry inside for years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are correct there is a seal/gasket,and they can be hard to find.I have my windshield out now and can post a picture of how the seal fits if that helps.
that would be a great help and WHERE o WHERE did you find the seal?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will try to post some pictures tomorrow. The original I have seems to be reusable I hope. I am lucky enough to have a couple parts car I can use for another one if it's not. I knew before I took the windshield out that they are tuff to find so I was very careful.Maybe these guys can help you out with a used one if you don't have one.

All American Classics - Ford-Falcon-Fairlane-Mustang-Thunderbird-Ford Truck

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just pulled my windshield out and had something like 3M winshield ribbon sealer on it, no rubber seal. My other 66 was the same way.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
FE is right, I've never had one out but I know lots of people who have and the '66 and '67 definitley do not have a seal, it's gooped in place only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts