Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, as I'm finding on my car most things are blissfully original but old. This makes life simple with my diagrams. I've replaced every wire under the hood one at a time with shiny new ones run inside looms and beautiful. I thought I was out of the woods on the hard stuff... I was wrong. I fought my way through some crazy hack jobs and splicing and right now am working on the wipers and not only does the switch not work, but the whole moulded part of the white inner dash has been cut out to make room for two toggle switches I guess one used to control the wipers and one was for the washer pump. I've installed an aftermarket reservoir with pump with internal pump and wired it right to the firewall where it's supposed to go. But I've got this mess of wires with no switch and already cleaned up the half a$$ toggle switch holes from where they were stuck through with washers to hold them from going through the rectangular hole for the original switches. I've filled and sanded all the gouges and blocked all my indicator light holes with brushed aluminum and did the same to the side where the wiper switch used to be now I have a blank canvas with carbon fiber covering the once plastic "woodgrain" and aluminum behind all the holes. Should I look for some era looking toggles, should I use the little red push button that came with the washer kit I wanted stock, but don't want to pull the whole thing apart again. Ideas greatly appreciated;)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
I think maybe, after all that work, I'd see if i could find switches that were similar or period. But since you already have the push button... Just not sure if i'd want red, that would appear to be the ejection seat or rocket power button. lol

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I have the red button. I'm looking for an update for my dash and am looking for pics of ideas, if anyone has some.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Is your wiper switch a two speed are one. On the two speed switch the washer switch fits on the bottom of the switch and the lever is just below the wiper switch. I when over to my buddy that's a galaxie collector and have alot of parts and owns a paint and body shop on Spring Cypress. I got my two speed switch and pump switch. I allready have the two speed harness.If you find that switch you can make the red button disapear.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an original switch, but the metal behind the plastic face has actually been cut away. There's nothing to screw it to, presumably to make room for toggles by PO. I found some toggles that look kind of stock and I think I'm going to use them for wiper and washer just have them side by side

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sardor, that is a problem. You would have to get another speed o meter housing to solve the problem. Make you wounder what there ideal was to go cutting on things. I believe I got a spare housing. I know mine and the other one I build, I spent more time redoing thing that was cut , are pourly done. Most of the time it's the wiring.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sardor, that is a problem. You would have to get another speed o meter housing to solve the problem. Make you wounder what there ideal was to go cutting on things. I believe I got a spare housing. I know mine and the other one I build, I spent more time redoing thing that was cut , are pourly done. Most of the time it's the wiring.
I've got a spare housing. I'm just not sure it's worth the time to take it all apart again and reinstall the LEDs.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Not shure if it would work but a intermentent set up from a 80ish Ford possibly into the early 90s. Has squiter function intermentent and 2 speeds or 3. Have to have the controll box for the inerment switch to work. Took all the wiring and connectors out of a Bronco in my case and wired it up to my wiper motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.