Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, no one else to talk to at the moment, need to vent. Was taking the windshield out of my 66 mustang...cut the seal all the way around..was carefully lifting it out and BAM...got stuck on of of the clips at the topped and cracked it all the way across the window...you couldn't make a larger crack in it if you wanted to. Those moments when you just watch your wallet get lighter really suck. This sorta thing has happened a couple times now, where I'm working on something and it breaks in my hands, money down the crapper. Allright...done venting. Back to the garage.

Chris

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Sometimes it makes you wanna just sit down and cry! I'll never forget the time I over torqued the 2-4 polished sbf intake on my cobra. CREAK!
Broke the rear tab almost completely off on the passenger side rear. I have to say, I'm glad no one was in the garage to hear me when it happened.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Man do I know that! Lost 2 perfect windshields to stupidity. Decided to install the NOS dash pad in my '70 Spoiler this weekend. Careful not to break the clips & plastic pieces, removed the wiring just to break a small voltage regulator. Where in th H823 am I gonna find that!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Well at least the dash pad's OK, right? I've had one on order now for 6 months for my '70 Torino. If it ever shows up I just might think about mounting it like a trophy bass and hanging it over the fireplace!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
qtrmiler, if they are the same as a 68, I just might have one kicking around. Let me know, and I will check. I also have some 70 Cougar stuff, maybe they are the same.

Rick

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Just hope its easier to get than a windshield for a 70/71 torino fastback. 3 weeks later, and 1000 bucks less, i had a new window, yuck.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Man I'd love to have one!!!!!Got a friend looking at his MPC to see about another interchange. Still unsure he has one.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Put a 4X4 thru the windshield in my Bronco once. Rested it on the dash and shut the back hatch. it was 1/2" too long. What a dumbass.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Glass is one of those things best left to the pro's. Most body shops won't even mess with it. The few bucks they charge is good insurance against what happened to you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had my windsield replaced in the Cougar this week by a glass shop. After calling around this shop had the best price and were also referred by the local classic Mustang repair shop. The total was $288 installed. Other quotes were over $450, the glass itself now lists for $1600, mine cost $210 plus installation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts