Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've got a 1965 Falcon that needs the 2 speed wiper switch replaced. I've looked at MACs, dearborn, rockauto, ebay, etc and I cannot seem to find a replacement listed for the Falcon. I have found a switch on Ebay for a 1965 Mustang that looks the same to me. My question is; Can anyone tell me for sure if the Mustang switch will work in my Falcon? I bought some other parts that were listed for a Mustang but I thought would surely be the same since a Falcon and a Mustang are so very similar... but I was wrong. I'd just as soon not make that mistake again. Thanks

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I've got a thread over at TFFN where I have a couple of pictures of what you don't need, but a good read about switches in general.

Switch Thread

But I also have a 2 speed wiper switch "in stock" that I collected along the way. I just took some pics of it but then realized the box part number is wrong for the switch. The switch is a different part number. It is C3AB-17A553-C1 but now that I look it up it seems like it's for a Galaxie. Keep an eye on ebay once you figure out the correct part number. Just take yours out and it's cast into the face of the switch.

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Will the Mustang switch work even though it is not the same? I looked closer and the only visible difference I see is one extra prong(washer?). It looks like this extra prong with just slip into an empty slot on the connector. Everything else appears to me to be in the same position. I don't care if it is correct as long as it will fit and the wipers will work. Right now I only have one of the two speeds and that only works if I hold the switch midway between 1 & 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts