Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What modifications have to be made to the wiring harness when converting an older mustang to efi? I see that a couple of companies sell already modified ones for $600+ or they can modify yours. anyone know how much it would cost for them to modify your current one or is there any resources to find out what needs to be modified and how?

·
Registered
77 Posts
FRPP actually sells what they refer to as a street rod efi wiring harness for applications that weren't originally efi. They sell a main harness M12071-C302 and engine harness M12071-E302 (which includes both engine and injector harnesses, plus the sensors that attach to the engine). Of course there're lots of additional hard parts that have to be purchased to go along with the wiring themselves. I'm converting my 79 Fairmont to efi on a 351C and have been planning/collecting parts for a couple years now. I'm using the FRPP harnesses. Hope this at least helps in some small way. Scott

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm using the FRPP sreet rod harness in my 39 Ford. FRPP sells the installation manual for the harness kits listed by futurattraction for $5. It will tell you everything that you need to make all the necessary wiring connections. A good investment before you speed the cash on the actual harnesses.

Best regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts