Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the connectors are falling apart, dried out from heat.
I know a lot of aftermarket companies offer wiring harnesses for older cars and truck, however, I have not seen much for Fords.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would anyone know the name of the electrical connectors? There were so many different types of connectors used over the years - how the heck do you find all these old ones?

I presume most of them just need to be rebuilt, one by one?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Would anyone know the name of the electrical connectors? There were so many different types of connectors used over the years - how the heck do you find all these old ones?

I presume most of them just need to be rebuilt, one by one?
Hello Road Star,

Those are the connectors for the Duraspark amplifier. I bought both of the repair pigtails from Rock Auto a while back, the only downside to aftermarket items like that is the ones I bought all have black wires coming from the connector so you'll have to pay close attention when splicing back into your harness. I need to mention, there are several different models of Duraspark ignition amplifiers and some of them have different keyed connectors. If you have the blue grommet (where the wires egress from the cover) version, the aftermarket repair connectors and wire will work.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts