I have an issue with my 1967 Galaxie. The battery died earlier this year because somebody, don't want to name any names, left the glove box open. I tried to jump the battery a few times but it couldn't hold enough of a charge to start the car. Went out and dropped money on a new battery last Tuesday and hooked it up. As soon as I got the negative terminal connected the wire leading to my alt off of the positive lead went up in smoke and melted, which can be seen in the pictures below. It is an obvious short, that much I can figure out. I'm here looking for ideas as to where and why this would suddenly present itself with the new battery. The wiring is old as hell but wasn't visibly damaged.